When it comes to a chocolate cake, which undoubtedly is a favorite of many, there are many variations given to a simple recipe to make it more scrumptious. Many of the cake bakeries in Dubai like G’s (http://gforme.ae/) serve a simple chocolate cake recipe in a little altered way to give it a complete new look, a new taste and a new style.
If you too want to bake a chocolate cake at home that would be just admired by your family, read on further to know the chocolate cake recipe (black forest cake recipe) from the professional bakers of G’s (http://gforme.ae/).
Ingredients for the cake
· ½ cup of softened butter
· 1 ¼ cups of all purpose flour
· ½ cup of cocoa powder
· 1 teaspoon of baking soda and ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
· ½ teaspoon baking powder
· ¾ cups of buttermilk
Ingredients for the filling
· 2 cans of cherry pie filling
· 3 cups of heavy whipped cream
· ¼ cup of confectioner’s sugar
· 1 or 2 Chocolate bars
1. Preheat the oven at 3500 F and line the cake pan with a grease proof paper.
2. Mix the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat them until fluffy.
3. Add the eggs one at a time to the mixture to beat them well.
4. Add all the other ingredients (the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, baking soda, buttermilk and vanilla extract) one by one and mix them together until smooth.
5. Place this mixture into the cake pan and then bake in the pre-heated oven for a duration of 30 minutes.
Prepare the filling meanwhile
1. Drain the cherry pie to remove the juices,
2. Mix the whipped cream confectioner’s sugar and blend them together until thick.
3. Using a vegetable peeler, peel the chocolate bars and add them to the mixture.
Assemble the cake
1. After the cake is baked, slice it into three equal layers horizontally.
2. Place one of the layers on a serving plate and cover the top with whipped cream and then spread the cherry pie over it.
3. Add the second layer of cake over it and repeat the filling as in the previous step.
4. Add the last layer over it and spread the whipped cream and remaining mixture on it.
5. Garnish it with the toppings of your choice and the cake is ready to be served.